Gene Kelly Awards Internships
In addition to its extensive Summer Internship Program, the Pittsburgh CLO offers the Gene Kelly Awards Internship each January through May. The Gene Kelly Awards Internship deals exclusively with coordinating the annual Gene Kelly Awards for Excellence in High School Musical Theater and provides students with real-world experience in event management, publicity and theatrical production.
The Pittsburgh CLO Academy is offering internships for two (2) qualified candidates to coordinate the 2013 Gene Kelly Awards!
Organize, manage and assist with all aspects of producing an annual high school musical theater awards show. Duties include: administrative responsibilities, marketing support, updating the event webpage through a content management system, serving as a liaison with participating school directors, coordinating all schedules with the judges, planning and implementing a social media strategy, writing the Gene Kelly Awards blog, visiting and presenting scholarship information to participating schools, providing production assistance, compiling all data for future reference, and documenting of all occurrences with the program.
This internship will run from December 19 & 20, and January 7 – June 7th
GENE KELLY AWARDS COORDINATOR:
- Seeking a college sophomore, junior or senior in the Pittsburgh area
- Works under the supervision of the Pittsburgh CLO Education Director and Programs Manager
- Works in conjunction with fellow Coordinator to organize and manage the Gene Kelly Awards program
January – April: Part-time with flexible daylight hours (at least 15 hours per week)
May – Mid June: Full time (approximately 30-35 hours per week)
- $100/week honorarium for expenses
- Upon completion of responsibilities, may be invited to return as Coordinator for the 2014 Gene Kelly Awards.
- Serve as contact person for everyone involved with the program: teachers and students from 30+ schools , 30-35 judges, and 20+ celebrity presenters
- Prepare and manage all aspects for special events and meetings
- Organize and order all awards, catering, supplies, etc. for the program
- Assist with managing and organizing performers, volunteers and guests backstage during show
- Update all social media and website activity including live “tweeting” during the show
- Other tasks as assigned by the Education Director and/or Programs Manager
- Excellent organizational and communication skills – written and verbal
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office programs including Word & Excel
- Familiarity with web-based communication and website content management, including current social media
- Must be a creative self-starter who works well as part of a small team
- High attention to detail and strong, consistent, follow-through on tasks and initiatives
- Experience with mail merging documents is preferred but not required
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via email or mail to:
No phone calls, please.